Sunday, August 21, 2016

Healing

Thanks so much for joining us in prayer for Chad's health. 


As it turns out... "the hard stuff may actually lead to the best part. Maybe just on the other side of what is so difficult, frustrating, and stressful is the beginning of God’s grace and healing. We need only be faithful and open to what he might do, continuing to lean forward." ~ Chad

We are so excited to share that after an incredibly difficult season, God has begun a healing work in Chad. At the end of the summer, he got to a near breaking point emotionally and physically. Our school staff went on retreat to Lake Kivu. There, some of our administration and leadership team anointed us and prayed over us intensely for complete healing in Chad's body and spirit.

The next day his leg pain was gone. The pain has not returned and it has been two weeks. 
His energy level has increased.

 "It’s like all of the underlying stress inside of me from the past two years finally surfaced and nearly exploded." 

 "I had to become broken enough to finally fully turn to the Lord, learn again about his love, and trust him for what I need. I am now beginning to exercise again, regain my strength, re-invest in my family, and lean into our present context and the opportunities around us. For all of you who have worried about me and prayed for me, thank you. I am not yet 100% but have begun the healing process inside and out. This transformation was not only physical, but involved some apologies to people I love and other deep work in myself regarding who I am. Maybe brokenness is just the beginning. Maybe just on the other side of the hard stuff is healing." 

We've been praying over these last two years that we won't miss whatever is is we need to learn in all this.  Certainly God has done a bigger work than just making Chad's body feel better. 
I don't know why sometimes God answers with No and sometimes it's YES,
but we are so thankful for this YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment